View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I know how nuts you feel. I went through a lot of those same emotions. so did most of the folks responding to you. surgery is always a last resort. Try all therapies kind of thing before you do it. That second opinion would take all the stress out of it. You would know beyond a doubt that the decision to do the surgery is right for you. It is a very hard decision to make, and not one any of us took lightly either. We will all be here for you in any choice you make. I didn't ask you before, but do you have a good support team? That also helps when you have to face this kind of problem. I do wish you all the best. ginnie
Thanks guys. I have an appointment with a different neuro surgeon on Friday, so will see what he has to say. Am I potentially rushing the surgery by booking it for Feb 5th? I wonder if I ought to go and see a neurologist or pain management doctor before I go into surgery?

One neurgologist who a friend of mine works with looked at the MRI report and said that I ought to wait 6 months to see if it will clear up on it's own because of my age. I am 37, not terribly young by all means, but he seemed to think there was a chance it could clear up by itself. When I take ibuprofen the pain isn't anywhere near as bad.

Anyway...I am also seeing the original neurosurgeon on Monday (before the surgery on Wednesday), so I will see what he has to say then

Thanks all!
kissiffer4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-28-2014), zookester (01-28-2014)