View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default PN and activity?

Sorry I'm posting so much. Anyhow I have been in bed mostly 3 months and was in an air cast boot on my bad foot for that time. On a good day an errand or two. Anyhow I was being told to get out of the boot and finally did last week.Now I wear tennis shoes and am going to when better progressed back to the foot doc for orthotics. The neuro said I need to start scheduling time out of bed and to be on my feet. I have been really trying and its been physically torture. I see some progress but still in bed most part of the day.I do a few things and then come home in tears but at least doing I guess in hopes in the long run getting stronger.Does it help the nerves in the long run or make the legs stronger? Just fear making it worse. I tried pt once who made me so much worse I couldn't move out of bed for a few days. This is a switch from me as a former runner who up till 4 months ago never missed a day on the treadmill. So I guess I don't get how being on my feet is going to make it better in the long run and was hoping some feed back. I don't want to live in bed but fear doing too much on it to early so start very very slow. I don't mean exercise with activity I mean daily life. I'm young not that means anything but at 28 want to be spunky again.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote