View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

i'm not going to try to diagnose you, that's the job for a doctor.
pd usually starts on 1 side
it responds to l-dopa
i had numerous frozen shoulders before i was diagnosed with pd,
i also had "no balance loss, only the right side, no gait issues, no facial issues, no sleep issues."
my symptoms were extremely mild when diagnosed, was shocked when i got the diagnosis. but my neuro, a MDS, didn't beat around the bush, he said i had pd.
i of course got a 2nd opinion, the MDS said she could tell i had pd at first sight.

trying sinemet for a brief time as a diagnosis certainly isn't going to cause any permanent damage nor dyskinesias . i have taken sinemet for over 7 years and have progressed slower than the avg pd'er and have experienced a dyskinesia once.

as far as taking mucana vs sinemet, i'll never understand why anyone wouldn't want to take a pharmaceutical - sinemet - produced under FDA regulation and is consistent from batch to batch and has guaranteed purity and is comprised of l-dopa, a naturally occurring amino acid and carbidopa, but would rather take mucana, the seed from a legume/weed with no guarantee of purity/active ingredient.

like always, i suggest you buy a used copy of THE PARKINSON'S DISEASE TREATMENT BOOK by AHLSKOG so you can better understand how the disease is diagnosed and treated.

and read this post
http://forum.parkinson.org/index.php...inemet-choice/
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote