View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrswld52 View Post
I have nocturnal seizures. I've had then for over thirty years now but since I've been unemployed I lost my insurance and haven't been able to afford my meds. I started to have seizures more and more often now I have insurance and I'm back on my meds but I am not able to sleep at night cuz I'm worrying about having seizures. What can I do to help sleep.I have my seizures most when I'm over tired and actually fall asleep or when I'm over stressed and I believe I'm doing both to myself what do I do do I can sleep at night and not worry do much?

jkrswld52 - Two tricks that have helped me are Trazodone - it's actually an anti-depressant but helped me through mild ticks for a bit, comes in generic and is not that expensive out of pocket. Also, an heb (I think?) available at most organic food stores is Vallerain (possible mispell). A note on Vallerian, it stinks to high heaven in tea form, but you can get it in oil form and only need one drop mixed in with h2o.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your health insurance. Could you help me, I was actually hoping you could ellaborate on your nocturnal seizures - Over the past month I have developed extreme jerking movements originating from my trunk and abdominal/hip area at the moment I enter sleep. although now even when I am tired they happen in the form of small twitches.
dabearzfan85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote