View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hello! and welcome, sorry that you have to be here though yes, many people with MG etc can look normal to others, it's hard to explain the weakness I feel like.. It wasn't until I totally crashed that I feel like anyone took me seriously.. I ended up in the hospital for a week, got IVIG and then finally felt like myself again after being sick for 6 months or so..
I look back at pictures of myself and I just look awful - my face/eyes were so droopy.. like my skin was melting off my face, though to others, I don't think they could really tell much.. though looking back they can.. I am still techincally a mystery (possible LEMS being high on the list, as is MG), but I get IVIG every 3 weeks.. I do have the eyelid thing in the morning.. it takes me a few trys at blinking before my eyelids work, same with breathing muscles and well all of them.. I look just scary with the droopy eyelids during an exacerbation first thing in the morning...

I used to tell the drs who doubted me, that the best case scenario would be that it was all in my head right? You can just give me a pill for that...... but turns out it's not just in my head!

Good luck, Glad your getting testing at least!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote