View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Please let me know how you like the SERC after you've taken it for a bit. The only thing I've tried specifically for my ears was a diuretic, which didn't do anything.

Funny thing for me is that alcohol tends to help sometimes when I feel very dizzy. Kind of counter-intuitive, but seems to dull the senses enough to settle things down for me a bit.

Really sorry to hear about your inner ear disorder, and a concussion on top of it, ugh. Hope you are able to find some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roralea View Post
My neuro-otologist just prescribed SERC (betahistine) to me for inner ear/vestibular disorders and I haven't tried it yet. It's only available in Canada but a US doctor can prescribe it.

My inner ear disorder came before my concussion, but the things that helped me in the past to minimize "attacks" of ear fullness, imbalance, brain fog, and in my case hearing loss, were very similar to concussion recovery: drinking lots of water, taking vitamins, getting enough sleep, avoiding stress and exposure to chemicals, low sodium diet, avoiding MSG, sodium nitrates, caffeine, and especially alcohol.

Sorry you're experiencing these things, best wishes.
deepseafunk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote