View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 09:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile uglgirl Newly Diaganosed with Neuropathy

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the form live in Ohio the BRRR state and have been newly diagnosed with Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.

For a while now and then my feet would feel numb and have shooting pains and pin pricks also feet and hands would itch.

About a month ago I felt the floor feeling icy on my foot and during the day would have more numbness and electrical shots, burning feet, and would be woken up with my feet feeling like they were being electrocuted with jolts that went to my teeth so I set up an appt. with my Doctor.

He prescribed Gabapentin and I started last week on 300 mg 3xs a day. Still had a lot of discomfort and still could not sleep without the scary electrical feeling in my feet accompanied with numbness. Needless to say, I call and let his nurse know.

I got a call back and was told to double the Gabapentin to 2 capsules of 300mg three times per day that was on Monday.

I have noticed improvement at least I slept through the night, I feel kind of shaky never felt that way before unless there was a good reason. My feet burn today like a bad sun burn.

Please chat me if you can shed some insight on all of this for me. I would really appreciate your input. Will this ever feel better I find it very depressing?
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-30-2014)