View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Bryanna thank you so very much. I just called to see if I could go in to the office sooner (tomorrow) but haven't received a call back yet. I started the antibiotics again today hoping it will help! I was dumb and should have just taken them as prescribed - I just felt like I've been taking so much stuff over the last 2 weeks and wanted to give my body a break since I felt okay - bad idea I guess! Also, I had a coworker check the inside of my mouth and she said it looks white in that area. I'm also back to taking the 800 ibuprofen for the pain (it's really uncomfortable). Thanks for your feedback and I will try to go see my doc asap! I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi helpmeplease,

No this is not normal... it indicates something is abnormal in that surgical site. It would be wise to get in to see the oral surgeon asap.

A note about chewing and eating your regular food after wisdom tooth removal.... it is really best to avoid eating on the surgical wound and stay on a soft food diet until the surgical wound has healed closed.

A side note about the RX ..... most oral surgeons will not prescribe long term antibiotics or refill the prescriptions unless they think there is an infection still brewing. So although you thought you were on the mend, you probably were not as far along as you thought. It is best to tell the surgeon that you did not take that third prescription because if he assumes that you did and you still have an infection, he may opt to treat it differently. So please let him know.

Exercise can usually be resumed after all of the swelling as gone away as that usually indicates the inflammation within the bone is down also. Exercising too early can disrupt the healing process and prolong the swelling.

Check back and let us know how you're doing.
Bryanna
helpmeplease588 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (01-29-2014)