View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Hi,

Regarding the Cerebellar tonsillar ectopia have you ever heard of Chiari Malformation or Chiari Syndrome? Also I was wondering if you have ever been diagnosed with Hypermobile Joints or elasticity of joints and/or connective tissue? I ask because of the apparent scoliosis and with CTE (aka Chiari Syndrome) also having hypermobility is common. Here is an informative link on

I don't know where you live but there is a great surgeon that my best friend went to for Chiari here in Seattle. If you want her name feel free to PM me.

Best wishes,
Tessa
Hi,
Thank you for the reply! It's funny you mention the hypermobile joints because I have actually been told I have that. I've been looking the Chiari Malformation information up and I definitely have more than a few other symptoms. I get extremely painful pains in my left cheek (went to an ENT for a year trying to figure out what the problem was to no avail), I have had vision disturbances, and I've been to a neurologist due to headaches (again, no solution. In fact I was told to read a book about headaches and stop chewing gum!). I'm in Massachusetts, but I really appreciate your willingness to offer a recommendation! I'll get headaches that completely put me out of commission for the night, and weakness in my hands along with tingling and numbness. I'm just not sure if my symptoms are enough to get treatment? I've also been brushed off for the past 5 years by my doctors I feel like they think I'm just annoying! I have an appointment on Friday to review the MRI, so hopefully I will get some answers! Thank you again for your reply! What is happening
With your best friend?
Thanks, molly
molly123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote