View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Post Surgery Both Sides for TOS

I just want to put in a word of encouragement for any of you in need of the TOS surgery. Please, don't be afraid! Find yourself a competent, caring, and EXPERIENCED doctor.

I was fortunate enough to have found Dr. Avraam Karas in Baltimore, MD. He's done well over 2400 of these surgeries. He said on a scale of 1-10, I was a 15 on both sides. And I'm here to tell you today, 9 days out from my 2nd surgery (one on each side) that I don't think I could have continued to go on if I hadn't found Dr. Karas. He literally gave me back my life! I am 58 yrs old and have suffered for over 20 yrs, and had been misdiagnosed as everything from fibromyalgia, to just generally being a nut seeking attention.

Turns out I had a real, and very painful condition that could be corrected. I am able to fully use and freely move both arms, without even a hint of pain. And I had literally lost my pulse in my right arm. So please, if this is happening to you, get out there, find that special doctor, and if you're in the MD area, look up Dr. Karas before he retires! He's not only a fabulous surgeon, but a warm and compassionate human being! Thanks Dr. Karas! And thank you Dr. Harvey Pats for referring me to him!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twacka (09-05-2014)