View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Rae!

As you know, I have had much pain in my lower back since getting both my SCS's. My PM dr had the plan to do those blocks and then the RFA. I had to respond to the first two blocks in order for him to do the RFA. I did respond favorably to the first two and we were scheduled for the RFA. He emailed me telling me that he did not want to do the RFA because the risk was too high in damaging the nerve and causing RSD to spread to my back. I did not question him on this because he was very adamant about NOT doing it. He was very concerned about causing spread. So he just did a block instead.

My brother was in a car accident many years ago. He was in a pick-up pulling a boat and a woman drifted into his lane and hit him head on. The truck and boat rolled several times. He was very lucky to survive. His neck gave him a lot of trouble for a long time and he got horrible migraines. He had many injections/blocks before finally getting with a great dr who did a RFA in his upper neck area...it solved his problems! It was the best thing he had done! This is why I was considering it. But, he doesn't have RSD/CRPS and when my dr was concerned about spread, then there was no way I would have it done.

I understand that you are anxious about this, I would be too. You have to be comfortable about your decision. Personally, I would advise against it based on what I had learned about it.

My PM is Chinese and at first I had the hardest time understanding him, after a couple visits I could understand him just fine...but his care has gone down since he moved to a new practice. I am looking for a new one now I know you have been waiting a while to get in with this new PM dr, I so hoped he would be great for you. I wish I had something better to offer.

I hope you can get some relief soon Rae. I know you have been struggling.
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-31-2014), ger715 (01-30-2014), Hana (02-04-2014), Hannabananna (01-30-2014), Mark56 (02-09-2014), Rrae (01-30-2014)