View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you started taking vitamin B yet? B12 and B-complex. If not, do this Today. There's plenty of good info on Vitamin B in these forums... folks on here tend to like Jarrow brand from what I've seen, which I agree with. (Jarrow tends to be Gluten free, dairy free, nut-free, etc.) I take Jarrow Methyl B-12 5000mcg/ day. You may want to start with half of the tablet, but I recommend buying the higher doses because prices are about the same and your body doesn't absorb all of it anyway. Take on an empty stomache to promote better absorption. I also take Country Life Coenzyme B-Complex Caps (gluten free, milk free...) because of their relatively high levels of B1, B6, and Folic Acid as compared to other brands.

As far as the Gabapentin goes, I would give it a bit of time to work. It sounds like you've only been on the higher dose for a few days... It's a good sign that you're able to sleep through the night now! Follow your instincts, though. If something doesn't feel right, trust yourself. Also, doctors will be pessimistic, but keep your chin up. It's important for you to believe this can get better.

I find that exercising helps, too. Some days this can mean 2 or 3 situps. Other days, maybe a walk around the block, or a longer walk if you can manage it. Go easy on yourself, and know that you're not alone out there. =)
BarefootInAfrica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote