View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 03:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxxu View Post
Thanks for sharing your gluten story - it is encouraging! How long did you start to feel better after gluten-free diet? Do you continue to feel better after its turned corner? Did you experience withdrawal in the first few weeks? Thank you again!
Hi wxxu,

I believe I started to really notice a difference after about 3 months, and yes I still feel better. Less anxiety, better mood, better sleep. There is no way to know for sure if it's helping my PD, but I did feel more comfortable in my body, less rigid. I figure it's just one less potential problem for my body.

I didn't experience any withdrawal... I just had about 3 months of an adjustment period, where I had to learn how to eat - find out which foods contain gluten, be sure to always ask at restaurants.
A real turning point came for me at Christmas that year. I remember looking at all the food that I DIDN'T eat, watching everyone eat baguettes and cheese and cakes - and I just imagined the pile of food that I would have normally eaten and I had a mind-shift - suddenly it all looked disgusting to me. I haven't missed it since. If I have a craving I will eat a gluten free bread or cookie, but I mostly keep my diet at veggies, meats, fruits and rice.

It's an easy experiment to try, inexpensive and safe!
anagirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (02-10-2014), MeAndPD (02-02-2014), wxxu (01-30-2014)