View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm very hesitant with any shot that's 'new' along with taking 'new' medications. It seems to be a trend that a few years after the 'new' wears off I see a ton of commercials from lawyers saying, "If you took xxx or yyy, please call us right away" and then say how many people died or ended up with permanent problems due to said shot or pill.

My GYN offered me the 'new' shot to help prevent cervical cancer since I'm high risk. I passed. I've been with the same partner for a long time, and have no plans to end up with a new partner and I trust him just fine. I'd rather just not have sex than have one of these shots.

Granted, I'm pretty hesitant to take anything my GYN's offer me since they have been fibbers to me in the past. During my pre-term labor stint, my GYN told me the constant IV I had of Magnesium Sulfate for 50 some odd days was safe for me and my unborn child. The only side effect being that I'd feel groggy. If I had Google back then, I'd have gone home and hired a nurse to keep me loaded on saline.

With all of these problems coming up with these 'new' things, I can't help but to feel very awful for people without access to communities like these who share this information or even the internet/google to research things before trying them.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote