View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry you have to go through this - especially while pregnant... I am not a confirmed case, but I get IVIG for my mystery illness, which they think might be LEMS/MG.. I noticed I was a little droopy faced at the end of my pregnancy with my son and weak at times, but thought it was just being pregnant with another kiddo that was under 16 months as well.. anyhow.. the biggest issue for me was immediately post partum (and I"m not sure if this is a common time for people with MG to worsen or not).. but we didn't know I was sick at the time, and we thought my body just reacted strangely to the epidural.. still don't know what the real cause of it was, but I had trouble breathing and couldn't move my muscles .. so just make sure if you get an epidural that the anesthesiologist knows and is familiar with MG.. and yes, rest as much as you can now!

I had to kick everyone out of the room, but me and my son when he was born, as I didn't know why i was feeling so weak, but I needed uninterrupted sleep.. (as much as one can get with a newborn).. I coudln't have my husband or dog also waking me up - so he was on duty with my daughter, while i attempted to rest
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Panorama (02-02-2014)