View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 02:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking you got da rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylou_38 View Post
I am so full of it, its had to tell what aches, Arthritis or fybro or chronic pain. Seems like it never ending.
Let's try some humor for your pain, sometimes some laughter is the best medicine I can find for my chronic pain when nothing else works.

So a week after my back fusion surgery 3 years ago after many painful semi sleepless and pain medicated nights, I am dreaming that I am at a Blues musical workshop just like I used to do when I was in my 20's, you know, everyone singing and performing songs for each other. Except not only is everyone singing, but also everyone is also speaking and talking w each other in metered rhyme, and there a loud pervasive blues bass beat happening, like a heartbeat Bizarre, so next thing in the dream, I see myself singing and performing this song for everyone. I sing,
I said, Doctor, Doctor...
I'm hurting from head to toe....
my gut is so swollen,
I just don't know where to go.

(chorus)
She says, "you got da blues....
You got the rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues
You got da blues, you got da blues,
you got da rhuema, fibro thyroid blues.

My doctor she gives me a pill,
I tell her I'm still hurting so bad,
She says its up to me to keep from feeling so so sad.

Chorus

I had da blues,
I had da rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues,
I had da blues, I had da blues
I had those rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues.

2 more verses, but you have to tune in tomorrow night for more.

No kidding, I woke from my dream and found paper and pen and wrote down the song I dreamt while in a horrific pain induced state. So now, if I am in a bunch of pain and funk, I sing a few verses and it always makes me laugh and laughing is good for feel good endorphins, so it helps me feel better. The song has a happy ending,BTW, most blues songs do.

BTW, how is your thyroid? Mine would jump from hypo to hyper in a matter of months, make me feel like a yoyo, and would impact my pain levels a bunch. Lots of docs miss this one. My doc added cytomel to my daily synthroid so I get both t3 and t4. Now for a year, my tsh levels hover right around 1.0 TSH which my doc says is optimal and I feel better and my weight does not go up and down.

Hope I made you laugh.
I hope you are feeling
mcmars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote