View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default foot tingling - need help understanding this condition!

Here is my story (summarized):

I'm 30 with a very flat left foot. Last summer I injured it and experienced chronic pain near my ankle (Sinus Tarsi Syndrome). I soon started wearing orthotics and the condition went away quickly.

Fast forward to November, I wake up one morning with tingling near my left ankle (same location as the pain from the injury). This goes on for a couple weeks before the podiatrist gives me a cortisone injection and the tingling goes away after a few days.

Now fast forward to early January, I wake up one morning with tingling between my 1st and 2nd toe (left foot)! I have the option for more cortisone, but I choose not to. The physical therapist notices that my left calf is tight which could be causing nerve tingling. I start doing massages and stretching.

The tingling comes and goes. I notice it in certain positions like standing on one knee, putting my right leg on top of my left knee, etc. It typically comes 30 seconds after standing, has a period of a few seconds, and goes away after my feet have warmed up sufficiently.

My doctor says sometimes these conditions are permanent. I'm scared and experiencing anxiety because I can't get my mind off of the symptoms. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thank you for your time!
joelin02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote