View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 05:48 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Hello, everyone. I have had dystonia since the spring 2013. Was not treated until July 2013. Now, my doctors are some of the best in the country. I am only 60 years old. I am new to dystonia, but I have never had a doctor tell me "all we can do is make you comfortable.". I have never dealt with which something I cannot win. I am already declared disabled. I am having a hard time dealing with this mess.

Grace
Hi Grace~ This is my first time looking at this website, and yours was the first comment. Can I ask what types of symptoms you are having? I first had symptoms of cervical dystonia in Jan. of 2013, and was diagnoseed in April 2013. I have a variety of uncontrollable movements in my neck-- it never stops moving, except when I'm asleep. It moves in a couple different directions, sometimes slight, sometimes forceful pullings, sometimes a quivering sensation in at the base of my skull. All movements are very strong, and I can feel my muscles tightening. I too am having trouble adjusting, as I'm always extremely uncomfortable and self-conscious. I'm interested in finding the root cause of this terrible condition. Has anything helped you? Good luck.
BlueMountain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote