View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Work issues - they want me to work part time

After a couple months of bad pain, the pain pump, the migraine, my boss told me that they want to reduce my hours until I get better. Um, I won't get better. But I did get the pain pump and my brain is coming back some, the pain isn't so intense I can't concetrate.

I felt like they were trying to fire me. I talked to my other co-worker, who knew about this before I did, and she said they really just want my brain back and the new-normal me. She said they did NOT want to let me go, they just want me to recover.

They, including my husband, said it would be a good opportunity to try to get better, but it's not like resting a few hours a day is going to make a difference in all of that for the long run. I feel like it's all or nothing. I told my boss to give me a week, let me talk to my doctor.

Part of this issue is that my husband does not really work. He make a little from time to time doing computer stuff, but he hasn't worked a real job in a decade as he's the stay at home parent, and two, has major social deficits and had a hard time dealing with bosses. I'm scared to death to think I may have to rely on him alone for an income. I don't even know how much I'd get on SSDI if I had to. The calculator tells me one amount but I think it's inflated and can't trust it.

I know I'm depressed, sore, migraine, but I just don't see a solution. Either I work or I don't, and if I don't it'll be at least semi-permanent. It's not an option to change positions either, I can't do anything easy because I'd be bored out of my head (like data entry I suppose). I could never make enough money doing something like that either.

Help.
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote