View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 06:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
After a couple months of bad pain, the pain pump, the migraine, my boss told me that they want to reduce my hours until I get better. Um, I won't get better. But I did get the pain pump and my brain is coming back some, the pain isn't so intense I can't concetrate.

I felt like they were trying to fire me. I talked to my other co-worker, who knew about this before I did, and she said they really just want my brain back and the new-normal me. She said they did NOT want to let me go, they just want me to recover.

They, including my husband, said it would be a good opportunity to try to get better, but it's not like resting a few hours a day is going to make a difference in all of that for the long run. I feel like it's all or nothing. I told my boss to give me a week, let me talk to my doctor.

Part of this issue is that my husband does not really work. He make a little from time to time doing computer stuff, but he hasn't worked a real job in a decade as he's the stay at home parent, and two, has major social deficits and had a hard time dealing with bosses. I'm scared to death to think I may have to rely on him alone for an income. I don't even know how much I'd get on SSDI if I had to. The calculator tells me one amount but I think it's inflated and can't trust it.

I know I'm depressed, sore, migraine, but I just don't see a solution. Either I work or I don't, and if I don't it'll be at least semi-permanent. It's not an option to change positions either, I can't do anything easy because I'd be bored out of my head (like data entry I suppose). I could never make enough money doing something like that either.

Help.
What sort of work do you do?
I've had to give up completely and my husband now bringing in the main income. I used to earn more than him and our combined wage got us through comfortably. Now with his wage they say he earns too much for me to get disability. I know that feeling of being bored, I so want o go back to work, I miss it along with the social interaction and engaging of the brain. Now I even dream about working, going for interviews and getting the job, each dream revolves around something resulting in high anxiety and ultimately wakes me. It's so frustrating.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote