View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:16 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Right that's it, it's not working. The nerve block on whatever vertebrae he did gave me 5 days relief maximum. On Monday I thought this is working! Yay, I felt great, even good enough to get some walking on the go. For 3 days I walked 30 min each day and felt fab with the pain on the left side gone! With the other pain on the right hip, the thoracic, cervical and left hand still there I did get into the swing of it.

Yesterday the pain on the left hip returned and the left hand pain today is ZINGING, I know on Monday when I talk with him he is going to want to do the nerve block on the next vertebrae up and I'm really hopeful it will give temporary if not full relief again to the lumbar region but, what about the thoracic throbbing, the cervical knifing and the left arm/hand zinging. I crashed again yesterday and had to take the dreaded Xanax again, I want this drug out of my life. I accept the oxy will have to remain, I've been good and taken the increased dose, well not all of it, I've gone up to 40 slow release a day, not the 80 to 120 prescribed because I'm really wary of yet another bowel obstruction.

I'm starting to think the problem is the Boston rep is not wanting to play nice with my Nevro rep! because once the paddle is in, even though it's a Boston paddle, I will still apparently continue to work eith my Nevro rep. Or maybe I'm being judgemental, maybe my rep is working with the Boston rep to learn all she can about the product so she can then manage me!? It just seems so strange it's all gone quiet on that front. I saw my rep last week when I was in hospital and the chap she had with her seemed to think the one lead is working? Not sure how he can even come to that conclusion. If I'm needing the nerve blocks and the pain is still there then even blind Freddy could see it's not working.

Maybe my being in pain is making me impatient, or maybe it's the thought that I might have an option to release the pain and it's not forthcoming as quickly as I'd like. Argh so frustrating.

Mark, if you reading this, I read one of your posts elsewhere, hugs, hugs and more hugs to you and yours. You surely are being tested my friend and I'm so very sorry.

Pam,

I am so sorry to learn of your continuing issues. Hopefully, the reps will get their act together.

Believe me, i understand your reluctance to take the oxy; expecially because of the constipation issues. In 2012 wound us in the ER because of being impacted. Since I am on Oxycontin every 6 hrs (240mgs total daily); In an effort to avoid this happening again, I now take the Miralax twice a day (1 full dose and one half dose). It does make going out very iffy; but for me, the pain would even be worse. I also take Vallium which really helps for spasms/anxiety. For sleep, use Ambien CR. It is a lot of meds; but at least the pain is more tolerable; without them pain would be much worse.

You have so many areas to deal with. I am really gald you have a place here at Nt to be able to share and discuss what you are going thru. You express yourself so well.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-04-2014), Hannabananna (02-01-2014), Mark56 (02-09-2014), moosey2me (02-10-2014), PamelaJune (02-01-2014), Rrae (02-05-2014)