View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dr. Smith.
Thank you for those links. I now have some reading to look up on.
Yes, both arthiritis and neuropathy is terrible. Dr. Smith, what do you use to treat the neuropathy pain?

mcmars
My rheumatologist has just now come to the conclution at my recent office visit with her: Diagnosis Leucocytoclastic Vasculitis with inflamatory Arthritis and Small Fiber Neuropathy. " I suspect possible seronegative rheumatoid arthritis with initial presentation of sensory neuropathy"
Regarding your question re. vasculitis: I think that having vasculitis, will over some time cause "starvation" to the small nerve fibers, and cause small fiber neuropathy.
With me, the symptoms has become worse over time, and there is a "burning pain" everywhere.
I also went to the Mayo Clinic last year. The neurologist there confirmed the small fiber neuropathy. She also did the Autonomic Reflex study, which turned out positive on the sweat study.
If the Vit B12 is not absorbed in the stomach, you can use Methyl B 12, which can be bought in specialty store. Mrs. D on the neuropathy forum told me about that.
Having autonomic neuropathy makes just an extra difficulty for us to deal with.

Last edited by Synnove; 01-31-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: extra information
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote