View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Chaos I feel so bad that you are being put in this position. I think if you want to work full time you should continue to do so. As all of us with CPRS learn quickly from this disease is you either use it or lose it. I (and this is strictly just a opinion ) would worry that by going to part time I would lose the ability to work full time. Not only from a physical and mental stand point but by my employer having to fill the hours of work I had gave up to another person. Also are you on the family leave act? By cutting your hours would you still work enough hours to still qualify for the family care act? Also you are correct that SSI and SSD take into account your husbands income. Some food for thought how far from the age of 52 are you? If you would still qualify for the family leave Act and you feel secure they are not trying to get rid of you, maybe it would be okay for you to go to part time. I would be sure that your employer agrees that you can decide if and when you are ready to return full time. Maybe you could ask them to put this in writing so you feel secure that they will live up to there word. If you doubt them about you being able to return full time or if my hours dropped bellow the required need for FMLA. I myself would not agree to it. Also if you don't have far to go to the Age of 52 I would look into the laws of receiving SSD under your husbands name. I believe I am correct in that 52 you can get social security under your husbands name if disabled regardless of income. Lol I am paying from my phone and not my computer so hoping this makes some sense. I will problaly get home and look and the postings all kinda of random.
KWolter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote