View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default welcome here

Hello Mattd,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. This is a really good place, and kind people will weigh in to answer your questions.

At the moment, I can't recall your question, but if you are serious about recovering your brain and living a full life, then it's my belief that you need to heal from the inside out. Take care of your body with really good nutrition. This means eat a balanced diet and include lots of fruits and vegetables.

Look at the stickie on the top of this forum to see about really good vitamins and minerals too that will help you.

Taking care to heal also means no drugs and alcohol. If your friends like these things, and you want a full life in the future, you know the choice to make.

If you feel you have had 10 concussions and some major ones, then you really need to consider your lifestyle and how you can live a full life. I will tell you no more contact sports or putting your brain at risk for more injury. CTE is real --- chronic traumatic encephalopathy -- This is what the NFL was being sued for recently by former players.

Head injuries can mess with so much of your life and the life of your loved ones. The side effects can include depression, anxiety, insomnia, and this is just a start. You probably know all of this, but I guess I needed to say it.

You can ask questions and other people will weigh in.

Here's wishing you peace and good days to come.

Sincerely,

poetrymom

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote