View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 10:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey uglogirl :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglogirl View Post
Hi Deb. I appreciate hearing from you. I never thought of Georgia for a snow state interesting.

How long have you diabetes? I have been type 2 for about 6 yrs. My sugar readings were always fine until 6 months ago they climbed had an AIC of 7 although I guess that’s ok too.

Dr. said had nothing to do with diet some people just develop the neuropathy from the diabetes even though AIC is fine. He said some people develop it some don’t.

I take metformin was on 2 now on 4 plus 1 Glipiside for the sugar.

My Dr is an internist and no test or anything I just told him m symptoms and told him about not being able to sleep cuz I feel the electroshocks that radiates from head to toe. I have to get up when this happens and walk around the house and fix a cup of tea then it seems to calm down.
Last night too even being on 1800 mg daily on the Neurotin I had to get up and walk around and make a cup of a chamomile tea.

I definitely understand that burning feeling I experience
that a log along with feeling the electric currents. The currents seem to travel upward when I’m sleeping and wakes me up.
I don’t have any issues walking Knock on Wood

I did feel a little shaky when I first took the Neurotin and irritable also.
My house work has not suffered actually I feel less discomfort when I am busy in the house

Even now feel small currents in my fingers typing this reply.
I started on the tread mill again I find massaging my feet and putting ice cubes on them is calming.
I also use Capsaicin and Bengay.
Oh no....my snow is melting

My PCP had me listed as pre-diabetic for a few years....I'm type 2 now....the chemo caused my A1C to spike to 8.7 which is really not that high but I guess with the chemo drugs it just did a job on me. And my dr said the same as yours....this can still happen with well controlled diabetes.

I have been on metformin 2 a day and this past May she added 2 mg of glimepiride/Amaryl...pretty much the same as you but they raised your metformin. The glimepiride brought my A1C down from 8.7 to 6.7 in 3 months...when my A1C was checked again in 3 months it was still 6.7. Still hoping to get that number lower.

Getting started on the gabapentin was pretty hard.....he had me increasing every week....when I would increase I would have a headache every afternoon for about 4 days, was grouchy, lightheaded and unbalanced. After the 4 days it would stop and then I'd have to up it again.....this last time he upped it I asked if I could increase every 2 weeks and he said ok....that made all the difference in the world.

We have a large yard and I usually walk the dog 4 or 5 times a day. Some days that is not possible and I've even had to call family over to walk him when my husband was not home. Thankfully that does not happen a lot but I really have trouble walking, standing or just having my feet on any surface.

I tried the Capsaicin cream for about 4 weeks but couldn't tell any difference in the pain. They told me the cream would be warm on my feet but I didn't feel a thing. When I told the dr he just laughed. My upper right arm wakes me up at night and if I put that cheap icy hot on it that helps. And I can feel the warmth.....tried it on my feet too but could not feel any warmth. Oh well I tried

My feet like something cold....my side porch is terracotta tiles and sometimes I just go out there barefoot and stand for a few minutes. I also have a 'chillow', the one advertised on TV, and use it on my feet too.

My newest symptom is stinging...weird I think. My pain and symptoms ebb and flow all day long.

Good to talk to you. Please keep us posted

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote