View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi John,

What you are describing sounds like you are having myoclonic jerks which is all part of the motor area of your brain causing these jerks. You need to stop the alcohol because this can trigger the jerks you are having. Start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this will calm your nerves down. I also am wondering if you have a sleep disorder that may be causing you to have these jerks and possibly seizures. Get a sleep study done to see if you have sleep apnea.
The best thing for you to do is to see a Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center than can do a lot more tests on you and find out if it's a form of epilepsy or something else that's firing up the neurons in the brain that's causing the problem. Cut back on caffeine, carbs and starch foods and stay away from anything with nurtra sweet in it because all of these fire up the neurons in the brain causing more electrical activity. Also keep track of the weather often a low pressure in the weather can cause neurology problems for some people. I always have seizures, Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
I too suffer from these exact symptoms, but do not know where to turn to for help. Was wondering when you said ,"The best thing for you to do is to see a Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center than can do a lot more tests on you and find out if it's a form of epilepsy or something else that's firing up the neurons in the brain that's causing the problem." -what is the difference between a neurologist and epileptologist? I have had a sleep study done as well as taken videos of myself sleeping, but the sleep study people are quite frustrating as they say they said that they had never seen the jerks that i was presenting, and something about the EEG being done at a different frequency than neurologists use. It is INCREDIBLY frustrating b/c I feel the symptoms every night, have it documented from the sleep study, yet they will not show the video to anyone else.

Thanks for the advice and help,

Matt
dabearzfan85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote