View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheshire1348 View Post
Hi there. I was placed on Prednisone and Mestinon, had my first MG crisis (with breathing) in summer 2012, had a thymectomy in summer 2013, . .
Samantha,

I will leave the answers to your questions to the others who have more knowledge and experience with the specifics. But I do have a few question.

Did your CT Scan reveal a problem with the thymus? Was there a thymoma. What was the reason your doctors ordered the thymectomy? The MG Manual states that patients "with a thymoma do not respond to thytmectmy as well as those without thymoma, but other have reprobate good response after removal of tumor along with the thymus." (page 18)

How well did you handle the Prednisone? I been on a high dose for three weeks at the 60 mg per day, or 1.8mg/kg/day level. I have had remarkable results, although I do know that the positive results may diminish, as my neurologist starts gradually tapering the dose down to maintenance levels.

I have always tolerated drugs well. I attribute this to the extensive field experimentation I conducted during the 1970s.

-Mark-

Last edited by Panorama; 02-01-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote