View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 10:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Matt,

Let your brain heal before doing anything else reckless for a little while.

I imagine you are posting here because you might be scared of the symptoms you are experiencing? There is still time to recover... but let that fear keep you away from risky behavior.

Know that you are always going to be more susceptible to tbi from now on because you've already been diagnosed with one.

Don't worry about the past, or try to figure out how many tbi's you may have sustained right now. That information probably won't help you in the least - expect for maybe telling your Dr. so they have a better idea of where you're at.

It may prolong your recovery, but really, it's only been a week?

You're very lucky that you'r young and young brains heal the best from tbi.

But the partying isn't going to help you or be fun to have to deal with its effects in the long term. Partying has only a very short term effect that may feel good sometimes... if you feel like you can't make a decision that is beneficial for your long terms goals - like having your brain work the way you want it to for the rest of your life, then you may want to talk to a therapist. There is something called "delayed gratification" that they can help you with.

Hang in there.

If you want to post some of the troubling symptoms you have then we can address them and give you some advice about how to deal with them.

For the most part, I would say you are probably going to be okay soon but please take it easy until then! And try to remember this fear that you have about what you are experiencing the next time you are invited to party with your friends. You now have more experience in life than they do - they don't know what it's like to be scared of having a malfunctioning brain - and it's not fun! And the worst part is that it's not fun for much, much longer than the fun part of partying is. (I hope that makes sense.)
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote