View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

What I saw in the video (I sat through the whole thing) conforms to the hypnic jerks I described that I get.

Quote:
According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine there are a wide range of potential causes, including anxiety, caffeine, stress and strenuous activities in the evening. However, most hypnic jerks occur essentially randomly in healthy people.
Ibid.
(emphasis mine)

I don't mean to discount you—only to help; are you under any unusual stress (work, domestic, financial, emotional, other health—including obsessing/preoccupied with these jerks)? In my own case, I'm very familiar with the snowballing/vicious cycle effect of anxiety/stress, insomnia, pain, depression, and other factors can have, and the sometimes weird symptoms that can manifest. I can see how hypnic jerks could spill over into wakefulness.

This doesn't mean I think it's not worth pursuing medically. We're not doctors here—just folks who've been through some things (some more than others) and a lot of sharing/reading/learning.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote