View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
What I saw in the video (I sat through the whole thing) conforms to the hypnic jerks I described that I get.

(emphasis mine)

I don't mean to discount you—only to help; are you under any unusual stress (work, domestic, financial, emotional, other health—including obsessing/preoccupied with these jerks)? In my own case, I'm very familiar with the snowballing/vicious cycle effect of anxiety/stress, insomnia, pain, depression, and other factors can have, and the sometimes weird symptoms that can manifest.

Doc
I am under quite a bit of stress - just graduated college and am living with fiancé's parents. I am not upset with the assumption that it could be stress related - I too have considered this.

And super thank you for watching the video!! To be frank, you are the one person who has helped more than any (although many other have too, and I deeply appreciate them all), so my sincere and heartfelt thanks. You are also exactly right about the snowball effect - what started as bad sleep stressed me out, which then made the jerks worse, which then led to less sleep and more stress.

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me what your symptoms are and how they manifest? I know everyone jerks and twitches in their sleep to some extent, yet I am fairly convinced that these movements are more severe than others. This is one reason that I made the video - to show doctors and those who could help what happens every time I fall asleep and to see if others have had similar experiences.

I also read on a different reply of yours that you'd seen several neuros. Was it for these symptoms? I kind of hope you have had some success in the past with overcoming these symptoms, or even better getting an explanation (although I did just see the part about them happening randomly in healthy people). Honestly, not knowing what is causing them IS A MAJOR part of the stress now. Second to this is not knowing if I do have a medical condition that I should take care of, or if I am searching for an answer in vain.

I've said thanks many times, but once more THANK YOU!

Matt
dabearzfan85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote