View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recovery advice request

Does anyone have any advice on the following :

"I am a 21 year old suffering fro PCS and am looking for advice

I hit my head about 3 months ago now and the recover process seems to be a roller coaster ride.

At first, I didn't know I was injured so I continued with my life and pushed myself far too hard. After I relized something was wrong, I was finally able to take a step back and rest. Now I have been resting for about a month avoiding working out or anything to strenuous. However, I have been using the TV and computer a fair amount to keep me occupied.

I know youre suppose to avoid these things in the first 2 weeks, but since my recovery process was delayed should I attempt to step bak and cut those out to help me heal? Or try and progress? I am able to do light workouts here and there but try to rest as much as possible.

I guess since I had a late start to the recovery process I don't know if I should start over the healing process or continue to progress. My symptoms are not triggered when I work out or use technology, but they do come back on randomly and strong and I feel as if I am starting back from square one.

I would appreciate any advice on how to handle the recovery process.

Kacee92"

(Please reply to the author Kacee92 and not to CS, who is merely re-posting from another thread.)
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote