View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 04:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Latest results from PDMeasure

My thanks goes to the people who have provided data to PDMeasure.

Some stats:
109 people have completed the basic data survey;
58 people have completed the medications survey;
546 runs of the side-to-side tap test have been completed;

New registrations are rare. The numbers taking the side-to-side tap test appear healthy, but in fact the majority of test completions come from just two people.

New registrations are welcome. Returning participants are welcome. I would be particularly grateful if people would repeat the test frequently, so that for each person we could estimate progression.

Here's a couple of interesting graphs showing data from me.

timeSinceDrug.png

The first shows the side to side tap scores changes as the number of minutes since the last dose increases. As one would expect immediately after a dose scores are low, they rapidly build up as, in my case, the Stalevo takes effect; before declining, until they settle down at a constant level provided by endogenous dopamine, and the long acting rasagiline and Requip XL that I take.

timeSinceDX.png

The second graph shows the variation in my side-to-side tap test score over the course of a year, or so. The trend lines show that performance has improved over that time. As reported in a previous post, for people new to the test there is a definite learning effect, certainly over the course of the first 10 times that a person takes the test. But, having done the test so many times over the years, I think the learning effect is low for me. My hope is that the test, in itself, is mildly therapeutic. Far fetched? Possibly. But, by analogy, consider a fitness regime being measured by weekly timed 1000m runs.

MJFF plan to start a PwP data collection scheme later this year. I think it will be a great success. As I understand it, they have no immediate plans for running objective online tests, such as we use here. So, there will still be a need for PDMeasure.

To register on PDMeasure, to do the test or to browse the data go to:

http://www.parkinsonsmeasurement.org...sure/index.php

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (02-02-2014), reverett123 (02-01-2014)