View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default speculation PCS 5 years totaling.

Yeah, I'm dealing with something similar and was wondering if I could get some help. My names John, I am currently 19 and a full time college student, only recently I took a break off this semester cause I cant stand the symptoms im experiencing. I suffer from severe anxiety, depression and other cognitive issues, only I have trouble differentiating my past behavior from my current via post concussion syndrome. I suffered a concussion (mild tbi as otherwise specified) while playing basketball my freshman year of high school. Some genius stepped on my shoe laces as I was moving forward and I flung back hitting my head on the pavement. I didn't lose consciousness but I was shaken and had a sharp headache for about 10-25 minutes respectively. I didn't make much out of it at the time and continued with my regular day routines, this mainly consisting of karate basketball and school(didn't suffer any second impacts and was very cautious after the hit). However, I felt something wasn't quite right the first few weeks afterwards and the years that followed. I didn't suffer from severe depression or anxiety before the hit but possibly a milder case if that, possibly due to teenage angst or hormones. Anyway, approximately a year after the hit I started having nightmares emotional issues and low mood. I went to my doctor who diagnosed me with major depression at 15. We proceeded to treat it with multiple antidepressants starting from the standard Prozac Lexapro etc all the way to the anti psychotics and bipolar medications(to this date we have totaled about 20 antidepressants at least). This continued until I was 17 and we couldn't seem to find any help. Afterwards, when I turned 18 we were eligible and applied for Trans magnetic Stimulation, which we engaged in for a 30 day trial on one of the highest frequencies(3000 left side). If that wasn't enough our doctor recommended a non FDA certified right brain single pulse tms to treat for anxiety for no extra charge. Out of desperation we went with it and well here I am today. Sadly, the left brain tms didn't quite work and the right brain tms left me with some nasty symptoms. It worsened my anxiety and made it impossible for me to engage in any behavior that requires timing accuracy and precision(which were my strong suits considering I am also a heavy gamer.) Its now impossible for me to engage in activity without getting severe panic and anxiety which before was primarily induced by tasks that required heavy performance. Reflecting back on all this I cant seem to figure out the reasoning for my decline other then the head injury even though it was considered mild and I can remember all the events before and after. Currently, I am off all medication and suffer still from the symptoms above and I have to wait out the lingering symptoms of the right brain tms. Cognitively speaking I was very sharp but now I find it hard to multi task, I get angry irritated easily, and I find it hard to formulate plans and strategies since im always running in auto pilot and bogged down by these symptoms. I also have trouble following directions, and I find myself getting side tracked a lot which frankly irritates me since I prided my self on my high levels of concentration. My final and only resort now is to go for neuro physch testing and figure out what kind of deficiencies iv sustained since we cant seem to find any other method. I'm so confused by all this and my life seems to be a train wreck now. If anyone can respond with any kind of insight it would greatly be appreciated.
- Thank you John
john4522 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote