View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 09:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think if you want to work and you feel that you are handling it okay...then you should continue to work and not step down to part time.

Everyone has to do what is best for them...but like you said...will working a few less hours a week actually make a difference for you pain wise? I know it doesn't for me...and I am miserable when I am not working (except when I am on vacation and doing other things). Being at work actually helps me to take my mind off the pain...or at least focus on things besides the pain and when I am at home it's MUCH harder to focus on anything but the pain I am in.

Plus...the stress of worrying about money/financial issues and the well being of your husband if he has to go into an environment that is not good for him...these could make any benefit to your health staying home balance out to zero. I am much happier and better able to deal with my pain working full time than I was when I was completely off work and we were living on only one salary with loads of debt and doctors bills.

Take care and good luck trying to sort it all out. It's not an easy decision or situation to deal with.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-02-2014)