View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello Kathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
Congrats!!

Janke, this was probably a "Congressional Inquiry" which occur all the time. I agree that the Congressman probably didn't have any sway on the decision making processes. But I DO believe it got the ball rolling. I also understand about cuts, reductions, etc. This has not changed since I retired; we were always working more with less. Having said all of that I will say that the SSA was far, far more responsive and easier to work with than OPM. OPM sat on my "backpay" that had been released by the SSA for 8 months and for no earthly reason! I was CSRS-Offset so I realize that it was a different scenario and took longer. But there was no reason whatsoever to sit on that for 8 months. I had to contact my own Congressman and the very next day it was in my account. Bottom line...there are times you have to get a Congressman involved.
Thank you so much for this post. I'm pretty sure that is what happened. I could not get my case worker to call me back and she called me 10 minutes after I hung up with the Congressman's office and 'got the ball rolling'.

What is OPM ?

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (02-04-2014)