View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Thank you for the response.

I went into the office again last Monday and the dentist packed the wound full of a fibrous clove oil pack. I went back in on Thursday and the surgeon removed the packing, gave me nitrous and LA and performed the debridement procedure again. I was on Zithromax for 5 days.

I am a little concerned with the infection because the surgeon seemed worried. He and his nurse both exclaimed how they have never seen such an aggressive infection inside the socket. He did not suture the wound up this time, hoping it will heal from the inside out. He did tell me to protect this blood clot with my life because the next step if the infection persists, is a biopsy of the tissue and the potential for jaw surgery.

What is the best way to ensure the blood clot stays in place, besides the obvious no touching or vigorous rinsing, small food etc? I'm terrified of this continuing, and having a more invasive procedure done. I've been doing the softest rinse with medicate mouthwash he prescribed to keep the area as germ free as possible.
ParsonsP0403 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote