View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 07:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Canadoc,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I wonder if you have some neck involvement causing the head pressure. Often, when we try to lift something, we will tighten the upper back and neck muscles. This can alter blood flow. I have had to learn good lifting mechanics and with such, I have little to no limitations. Often, just taking a breath and releasing it in a relaxing way is enough to allow me to lift without tensing my neck.

You may also have unresolved upper neck injuries that quickly react to any strain. The whiplash often accompanying a concussion can set up a cascade of injuries and structural imbalances.

Regarding your long days seeing patients. Many of us have had to master the skill of "Stopping to Think." This is a sort of clearing the mind of distractions and shutting out the audio and visual stimulations enough to get cognitive focus. I find a brief moment with my eyes closed can be a big help.

There are lots of good people here so feel free to share with us.

My best to you.
Thanks Mark, I also found exhaling during a lift helpful. Keeps venous pressure from rising too high. Think I'm going to enjoy this forum stuff!
Canadoc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote