View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default In Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Dear KWolter,

I am very confused by your post. Social Security Disability (as I understand it) is awarded to a disabled person. It is not means tested. It has nothing to do with a spouse. (Unless you are talking about family benefits based upon the disabled person.)

Assets are considered (including marital assets) for Supplemental Income benefits. (SSI)

Are you talking about RETIREMENT benefits? That is an entirely different matter than disability.

Age 52 ??? I have never seen anything about reaching age 52. Age 62, Yes, for early retirement benefits on one's own record or partial retirement benefits on the record of a spouse under specific conditions.

You reference SSI and SSD. I think I have either misunderstood your post or you are providing erroneous information. Either way, I think you should clarify. I have highlighted a few items in color that need either correction or clarification.

Any clarification will be appreciated.
Hi, I'm the one who posted about not being eligible for disability benefits due to my husbands income. In Australia it is means tested, because he earns above the minimum wage it's classified as too much. If we were separated I would be eligible.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote