View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Surgery.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elap View Post
Hi NMC,

Did Dr. Donahue perform the TOS surgery (first rib resection and scalenectomy)? How are you doing as a result of the surgery? I'm a patient of Dr. Donahue and he recommends surgery for bilateral NTOS, but I haven't yet decided on what to do.
Hi Elap,
Yes he did, I trust Dr. Donahue with whatever he recommends and with me, we tried everything, injections, PT, injections, injections, and more PT, before going to the surgical route as he doesn't want to rush into anything and it doesn't always work. The nerves can and do take forever to heal, if at all.... I also had a cervical fusion of C 3-7, prior to my TOS surgery. My symptoms did not go away and I am still having symptoms and now have them on my right side which was not my injured side. I have also developed RSD from this injury so things are very tricky. Please don't take it as I am saying your case is not I just know this is a nightmare for all of us to live with daily.

That being said I am a workmans compensation case and I waited for 2 years to have my cervical fusion and 3 for the TOS surgery. I believe that this has had something to do with my results. I am now looking at a right sided 1st rib resection and scalenectomy and to be honest I don't know what I am going to do. I first have to get through the cervical fusion of the nonunion I have on 2/19, and then I will take the next step in this process.....

I wish I had an easy answer for you but as we all know none of this is easy and there is no guarantee, i don't want to mislead you by saying I'm that much better when in fact I am not.
However, I must say I'm sure you have learned that he does not offer to perform the operation if he feels it isn't going to help at all and his success rate is phenomenal so if you trust him I would say some relief is definitely better than none and again, his success rate is pretty amazing.

I'm sorry that I cannot be of more help but I want to be honest.
Please feel free to message me with any other questions you may have and I hope I helped at least a little bit.
Have a great night,
N
NMC34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
elap (02-03-2014)