View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 04:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandclaysmom View Post
Hello,
My name is Sandra Williams and I am learning to live with a different me. I am also learning to live with a different son, and my husband and second son are probably wondering when life will be normal again. We all look normal, but we aren't. So many times, I hear, "just get over it. You don't have to let the accident define you." People mean well, but they don't understand. I am looking for information of prolonged post concussive syndrome. I am trying to navigate through this and give my family the tools we need to heal.

I am encouraged by this site and hope to find helpful information here.
I feel for you. Have also had to learn how to live with a different me and I know it is hard very hard! I never had a concussion but have a brain injury. In my journey learned had to stay away from music because that's all I hear in my head now and it is not good at all! I might suggest to stay away from music for awhile don't want anybody to deal with what I do. Although music can be very healing for others so Idk if should be giving this advice or not but can't hurt I reckon. I used to be an outgoing and talkative person but am completely different now can't talk much or laugh. How did this accident effect you ? I am sorry you are dealing with such a life changing situation. I know all to well how it can disrupt your life . I will never be the same again. Best wishes sent for you and your family! I hope you can get back to normal!
Lola34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-12-2014)