View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 04:43 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

I was a participant in the Neurologix GAD round 2 study and I received the treatment not the placebo. I felt that it worked decently for me [about 30% improvement on the UPDRS motor section]. Time has eroded the benefits and I am soon to have a DBS done.

Immediately following the GAD surgery and persisting for about a week and a half after I experienced extreme relief from my Parkinson's symptoms... I later came to the conclusion it was the result of the surgery having irritated the globus pallidous [sp?]

Their double blind was easy to defeat.... I knew within the first hour of the surgery I was going to get the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
from pipeline email:

if anyone reading this was in the trials, please tell us if u think it works. it seemed like the lead doctor wasn't considered to be working on the right stuff; his objections were ignored by many and yet it was a non-dopaminergic substance GAD that helps to give us restraint, providing the brakes for the overfiring and medication that causes build up every day until you are grinding inside and out.

here's one who stepped out of the box and tried a non-dopaminergic substance but was not appreciated for what he was doing , which along with using GAD , restored gene therapy .

please respond if you were in this trial.
Piece69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (02-03-2014), soccertese (02-03-2014)