View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Hi dr smith, we have tried, I used to live in the UK for 15 years and took dyhdracodeine or df118 as it's also known. I took 20mg a day and for 15 years had no problems whatsoever, now bowel blockages, no personality issues etc. Then I had the head on car accident that changed my life (not my fault) and came home to Australia. Aus don't do df118. They stopped it in 2002 and we moved back in 2005. So we began a trial of what works etc, the long and the short of a number of drugs, so many I can't recall but here's a few, tramadol makes me vomit violently, durogesic patches I'm allergic to the adhesive, and a number of non opioids that didn't do anything. I used to have rhyzotomies every 6 months from 2006 but they stopped once I had the seizure. So now I have the stim implant and I just use the slow release oxy, which, doesn't give me the short temper, it's the endone and oxy norm fast acting for break through pain that do. We have also tried endep 25mg and 10mg but I have bad side effects that result in tremors and since the seizure, also a no go. tried Valium which made me feel sleepy and given I was working at the time I needed my brain switched on so had to stop, then they put me on Xanax but I heard such horror stories I stopped and went through 4 days of withdrawals and given I was only taking .5mg I'm never putting myself through that again. The sad thing is they really helped considerably. So, I'm really hoping they can get this stim sorted and I can get my life back med free. Yay, I'm seeing the rep and PM on Wednesday 22 and believe they will discuss the paddle implant. Any things you can suggest?

Pam,

While I am on a very high dose of Oxycontin (60mgs every 6 hrs); the Percocet for breakthru pain is when I take my Vallium. When I had my spine fusion 8 years ago; while in the hospital, the nurse was giving me the Vallium and Percocet at the same time. I asked her why she was doing these two together. She told me the Percocet works so much better when taking the Vallium together.

Just wondering, since you say, the problem seems worse with your other med and Xanax just maybe the Vallium would not make you as sleepy when taking with something like Percocet (Oxycodone; generic) for breakthru. It really helps me with the sleepy problem and the anger issues due to meds.

Now....awful pain is another story. Really hard not to have some nasty issues.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon062314 (05-09-2014), Dr. Smith (02-03-2014), eva5667faliure (05-15-2014)