View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

PriME,

Just to bring some clarity to the topic of root canaled teeth......
Many, many thousands of people have root canaled teeth. Every single one of them has a chronic infection inside of their tooth. Whether they have symptoms or not is irrelevant as most dental problems do not show signs of a problem until it has progressed beyond the original problem. The nature of the chronic infection has nothing to do with someone being more sensitive to changes in their body. It is an anatomical issue pertaining to the tiny canals that are in every single tooth as well as a systemic (whole body) issue pertaining to the filtering of the bacteria in the blood moving through the blood vessels. No one is immune to either of those things.

An example of a similar analogy would be with people who smoke cigarettes. Some will develop lung cancer.... while others will not. But every single person who smokes cigarettes has some form of a lung deficiency and/or other respiratory issue due to the toxic chemicals in tobacco.

I truly wish infected teeth were salvageable.... but the fact of the matter is, they are not and the bacteria that resides in the tooth will eventually proliferate beyond the tooth. Every dentist is aware of this.... but it is their business to sell root canals just like a store owner being aware of the dangers of smoking who still sells cigarettes.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriME View Post
How do you feel after it? Which tooth was it?

Both my brother and his wife have had root canals, and they don't have any issues after it, per se, so I don't really know...I mean, some people may just be more sensitive to changes in their body, I don't know.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote