View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Parsons,

Is this a type of clinic that you are a patient of? Or a multi practice office?

I would urge you not to let a general dentist touch that area again. The surgeon may have taken the culture and handled this differently. Any follow up care to your oral surgery should only be handled by the oral surgeon only. I really cannot stress that enough.

Very glad to hear that you are taking a probiotic. I would seriously consider giving your baby a probiotic supplement as well because antibiotics can wreak havoc on the intestinal system even days to weeks++ after they are stopped. Babies, small children, anyone with a compromised or delicate system is most susceptible to developing the problem.

How are you feeling today?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsonsP0403 View Post
Hi Bryanna,

He is an oral surgeon. And to clarify, when i went in Monday and had it packed it was just the regular dentist who did that and prescribed the Zithromax.

This oral surgeon is apparently very good, and he's been very helpful, even providing me with his cell# to send photos or questions too. However, I am surprised, like you said, that he has no swabbed the area yet to determine the bacteria. He told me yesterday this is the defining period, and we should know by Wednesday (a week from the last procedure) if the clot had been strong enough.

I am taking probiotic drops and have been very careful with my diet. Thank you for your help and I'll let you know how it all goes from here!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote