View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all,

En bloc - thanks. I think I had a 5 hour blood sugar test last year. It showed a sky high spike after the sugar followed by crash, which then levelled off into normal range. Suffice to say it wasn't fun. I was hypoglycemic but not diabetic or prediebetic. Might be tricky to request a repeat after only a year but the clinical picture has certainly changed since then.

The toxins thing is a little tricky to explain. Im not currently on any medications nor have I been in the past. I did however develop strong environmental allergies, and a prolonged gas exposure left me with significant symptoms that changed my life for the worst. No one has really believed me but I know it to be true. My liver enzymes are always chronically elevated and I know my liver to be a factor in some way. Further investigation hasn't yielded anything. No history of alcohol.

Susanne - thanks. I've not approached my doctor about anything nerve related yet. I assume I would need a referral to a neurologist before hoping to get these tests?

Sham - thanks. Sorry to hear of your struggles. Hope you have found a way to live reasonably comfortably.

Mrs D - thanks for the link. B12 and methylation fascinates me and im sure I have problems with it. I've tried b complex vitamins in the past and it hasn't been a pleasant experience. I can't seem to metabolise nutrients properly and I'm sure my weak liver function is involved. I tried 1mg a day and by the third day I was wired and tired, anxious, my skin was crawling and I couldn't carry on.

Can the very fact I struggle with B vitamins suggest I might have an issue? I don't know how to start if this is the case.

I think I had a B12 test last year that wasn't too concerning although I wasn't experiencing these symptoms a year ago.

Many thanks all,
Konzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote