View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 05:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quick Update:

* Officially one week post botox injection. I've definitely seen improvement in symptoms, but to be honest, it's hard to say if it's the botox or not.

My symptoms have slowly been getting better as of 2.5 weeks ago. There's no doubt about that. The pain in my forearm/wrist/hand continues to recede. The numbness is even better today. Maybe the botox will put me over the hump.

Here's what I've been doing religiously:

Deep tissue massage -- to loosen up anterior muscles and allow shoulder to move posterior:

* Pec Minor -- deep massage. Cross friction with a softball on the floor.

* Subclavius -- ditto but with a raquetball on the all.

* Serratus Anterior -- same.

Strengthening -- to pull the humeral head back and down.

* Rhomboids -- Scapular squeezes. I basically will squeeze and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat. I do this when I think of it. Like when making coffee.

* Rhomboids II -- Low cable rows. Will do 15 reps of pretty light weight squeezing and holding for an instant. Will then lower the weight and pull back and hold for 10 seconds.

* Rhomboids III -- Prone cobra dumbell isolations. Use 3 lb weights and hold for 30 seconds.

* Lats -- lat pulldowns.

* Scapular stablization -- Push up holds at various heights. Very very difficult considering that my tricep has 1/3 of the right side's strength.

Hoping to continue seeing improvement. That said, it will not surprise me to take a step back here.
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
elap (02-04-2014), jkl626 (02-03-2014)