Thread: Breathing
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, you can just stop breathing - don't mean to scare anyone, but don't take it for granted either. 3 years ago I had bad problems with kidney stones that resulted in massive infections in my bladder and kidneys. I was feeling very weak and was almost unable to move - breathing was okay as long as stayed sitting up. Long story short - ended up in ICU because of the infection and stopped breathing that night. My diaphragm just quit working - ended up on a ventilator for 7 days. Every time they tried to wean me off, I stopped breathing.

I have gone to the ER several times with breathing issues and was able to recover when they let me use a bi-pap for several hours (a breathing mask that aids your breathing in and out to give your diaphragm a chance to rest). I have a c-pap at home (aids in breathing in), but sometimes that just isn't enough.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just saying, don't take it lightly when you are having difficulty breathing with mg - If I hadn't been in ICU that night I stopped breathing, I would have died. It was a close call. In 5 minutes my oxygen sats went from 93 to 39. If I had been in a regular hospital room without close oxygen monitoring, I would probably have died.
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
southblues (02-03-2014)