View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 07:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Meralgia Paresthetica Pain - Any Suggestions?

Hello everyone! I am new to this resource and I hope that I can get some feedback on how to approach my Meralgia Paresthetica issues.

Here is my brief background:
- Diagnosed with Meralgia Paresthetica about 3 or 4 years ago. I am not overweight, in fact, I am normal weight (or a few pounds underweight)
- I was struck by lightning about 2 years ago, which made my MP worse
- I have tried many meds, including: dopa, neurontin, lyrica, and a few others. I ultimately ended-up using Exalgo, which did the trick.

I also have RLS (Restless Leg), which I have tried everything and ended up using 10mg of Methadon nightly... this is working perfectly.

My pain decreased in the Summer of 2013 and I got off the Exalgo, decreasing to Norco 10mg. I have since stopped using that full-time, but only using it when I travel or when it is way too cold outside (cold makes the MP much worse).

I am seeing my Neurologist next week and want to make some suggestions to help.

Recently, in the past 1.5 months, the pain has returned, moving from a constant 3 (I can deal with without meds) to a 5 or 6. I would like to NOT take norco, but it helps.

Any suggestions on what I should discuss with my doc next week about the increase in pain? Should I go back on a constant pain killer? When I was, I felt great. Should I have Norco all the time with Perc. when needed?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
ewolman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote