View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 01:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the welcome!!

Hi PamelaJune, Becky and pooh_ac. Thanks!
All of your stories, or what I have read so far are incredible and inspiring. I do have hope, although this feels different from any other surgery or journey I have had. I'm not trying to cure the pain or irradicate the disease, I'm trying to learn how I can live with it. My time up to type is limited as it is for for everything,so I'll keep this short tonight.
I'll read through the threads as much as I am able and I am interested in Marks Journey too. So many of your stories are beyond belief.
Right now I am thinking I need to slow the process down long enough to have a clear picture. When I went to the doc I expected a contentious meeting, but instead he told me my options of Pump and SCS, or 2x SCS, and RFA . Then We'll talk about what I've decided (friday). It's a lot. He thought the pump would work best low, but also said he could do a 2x stimulator. He mentioned risk of damage to my cord with the pump up high. So that was all I knew as of last friday.
I'm fearful of using a stimulator around RSD when vibration is one of my triggers, so I'm super interested in anyone with similar RSD experience. I'm also concerned about the massive amount of scar tissue in my cervical and thoracic region being an obstruction. The worst thing would be yet another episode. In the last 2 years I have lost most of the function of my left arm. The muscle and bone wasting has been miserable. If I could halt the progress I would be happy, and to diminish pain would be a dream! All I know is that like some, I can't take anymore pharmaceuticals. I have fentanyl, oxycodone, neurontin ,valium and metaxalone.
Thanks again!
Hana
Hana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-18-2014), ger715 (02-10-2014), Mark56 (02-09-2014), Rrae (02-04-2014), St George 2013 (02-21-2014)