View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Please search this forum: Lidoderm

Placement of Lidoderm patches is very important for success.

If your compression is in the lumbar area, placing them there would be the best. If not, and you have an abdominal compression, placing at the top of the thigh near the inguinal ligament would be best.

Placing where you "feel" the pain, will not work, I have discovered.
You have to intercept the nerve axons themselves, and not the dendrites in the periphery.

I have threads here with links to diagrams if you search the word
"Lidoderm" . The search function is at the top right of the first page of this forum.

You need to find your trigger... perhaps tight clothing is the culprit. Mine was a C-section with exploratory in the abdomen looking for an ovarian tumor. I had it for many years, and finally when Lidoderms came out, I tried them and they put me into a remission after 14 days of consecutive use. I can still be triggered by heat. So if you are using HEAT on your MP, please stop as it tends to stimulate nerve firing, which you want to decrease.

Good luck.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote